Oct 30, 2017 | Kevin McKnight | 1846 views
House League Rules Update
House League Referees and Time keepers, please review the following AMHL rules.
1. In every division except Novice, 3 penalties of any nature is an automatic game ejection.
2. In Bantam, Midget and Juvenile levels, if the puck hits the goalie's mask in any area, the play is to be stopped immediately. No goal and the face off remains in that zone.
3. Third period - in EVERY division there will be some math involved. However much time is left in the allotted game time take that time minus 2 minutes and that is what goes up on the clock, running time. For example, if there is 15 minutes left in the hour, put 13 minutes on the clock.This means the penalties will be 3 minute running time penalties, Major penalties are 7 minutes in run time games. Once a penalty goes on the board it does not get reduced if the game returns to stop time.. In the last 2 minutes of the third period, if the score is within 2 goals or less, it is stopped time again. However, once it is 3 goals or more, it is running time again.
4. For Junior House League there is a 3 goal limit per player. Any goals after this will not count and the face off will be in the zone.
5. Any two head contact penalties by the same player in one game is ejected. A double minor head contact penalty counts as one.
NOTE: Please be advised that both Firestone and Spring Valley now have BLACK AMHL mailboxes for the green and white copies of the game sheet.
The home and away copies must be given to the teams after the game as soon as practical.
Timekeepers please ensure this is done and do not leave the rink until it has been.