Code of Conduct for All Members
PURPOSE: To establish and maintain standards for members of the League and to inform members of the public using the services of the League. The standards are comprised of, but not limited to, the following principles:
- Members must endeavor to respect the rights, dignity and worth of every human being and endeavor to treat everyone equally within the context of their activity.
- Members have a responsibility to declare a high degree of commitment and perform to that level of commitment.
- Members should communicate and co-operate with other sports organizations, non-sport organizations, medical practitioners and educational institutions in the best interest of its players.
- Members should encourage directors, parents, players and officials to obey the rules and spirit of the sport, and to treat each other in a courteous manner.
- Members should never advocate the use of performance enhancing drugs and/or banned substances.
- Members should be clear as to what is to be regarded as confidential information and not divulge any such information without expressed approval of the individuals concerned.
- Members are expected to consistently display high personal standards both professionally and personally.
- All reasonable steps should be taken to establish a safe environment in keeping with the regular and approved practices within the sport.
- Members have a responsibility to themselves and the League to maintain their own effectiveness, resilience and abilities.
- Members should not display any affiliation with any business or organization in a manner that falsely implies sponsorship or accreditation by that organization.