Concluding our Regular Season & Spring Development Opportunity
AMHL has made the difficult decision
to conclude the 2020-2021 House League Season.
The opportunity for our House League teams to return to game play
activity at this point remains unknown, including the fact that our season
would be coming to an end very soon.
As a direct result of the
decision to conclude the 2020-2021 House league Season, AMHL has also
recognized and identified the opportunity to operate a new 5-week spring skills/development
program for most House League divisions under the current COVID-19
Response Framework: Keeping Ontario Safe and Open Stage Red.
Families interested in participating in the 2021 House League Spring Development Program are requested to review the program timeline and details below, along with registering their interest via the AMHL site. The program will only operate if there is sufficient interest and available ice-time from the city. Registration will be based on a first come, first serve basis, along with sufficient Coaching/Volunteers to run such programming.
Credits and Refund
- All families will be automatically receiving a credit to their Hockey Canada account with the decision to conclude the AMHL 2020-2021 House league Season.
- Families interested in participating in the 2021 5-week Spring Development Program, can apply account credit towards the program.
- Families can apply account credits towards next year registration or can apply for a refund through an online link via AMHL website. The link will be published next week, with the refund process starting March 1.
- The following credit amounts will be applied to your account depending on your division:
Refund amounts above apply to families who have paid the 2nd installment.
2021 – AMHL House League Spring Development Program
Registration: Saturday Feb 20 - Sunday Feb 21 @ 6:00 PM
Program planned starts Feb 26.
Cost: $50/player for 5 weeks
- Only open to players currently enrolled in the 2020-2021 AMHL House League Season
- Operated by coaches/volunteers
- 10 players and 2 coaches will be permitted on the ice for every session
- 1 certified trainer must be present
- Players must come to the rink fully dressed, including skates on with skate guards
- Cohort of teams may and could include a mix or age groups depending on registration
- 1x/week ice time
- Schedule and ice time will be on weekends @ Spring Valley or Morgan Firestone
- Program start Feb. 26th
- No parents will be permitted into the facility (until we are notified otherwise via City of Hamilton)
- COVID protocol & screening
- There is no scrimmaging, strictly skill development (no exceptions)
- Divisions: U8 to U18