Apr 14, 2013 | AMHL | 4699 views
Director of Junior House League
The AMHL is looking to fill the position of Director of Junior House League. This is a volunteer, voting position on the board that oversees the operation of the Novice, Atom and Peewee divisions.
- Responsible to the Executive for the operations of the, Novice, Atom and Peewee divisions of the House League.
- Coordinate the pre-season evaluation sessions for all players.
- Coordinate the drafting of all teams at the start of the season.
- Work with the Registrar to roster all teams with the OMHA.
- Recommend appointments of the League Divisional Convenors in their divisions.
- Recommend, in conjunction with the President, Director of Coach and Player Development, all manager and coaches necessary to operate the teams in their various divisions.
- Work with the person responsible for Ice Scheduling to coordinate schedules and practices within their divisions of the House League.
- In cooperation with the Referee in Chief, ensure an high caliber of officiating competence in handling all House League regular and playoff games within their divisions.
- Coordinate schedules presented by Divisional Convenors for their divisions in the House League.
- Attend the course offered by Hamilton-Wentworth Police Services to monitor police checks for coaches.
- Ensure that all required police checks (Consent to Disclosure Forms) are submitted.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Board.
- Be a Member of the Disciplinary Committee set up to discipline any manager, coach or player guilty of violating the aims, objectives or rules of the Junior House League.
- Work with the Director of Special Events to coordinate events.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please contact Jack Disalvia, President ([email protected]