AMHL is Looking for a New Jr. House League Director
AMHL is looking to fill the position of Director of Junior House League. This
is a volunteer, voting position on the board that oversees the operation of the
Novice, Atom and Peewee divisions.
Responsible to the Executive for the operations of the, Novice, Atom and Peewee divisions of the House League.
- Coordinate the pre-season evaluation sessions for all players.
- Coordinate the drafting of all teams at the start of the season.
- Work with the Registrar to roster all teams with the OMHA.
- Recommend, in conjunction with the President, Director of Coach and Player Development, all manager and coaches necessary to operate the teams in their various divisions.
- Work with the person responsible for Ice Scheduling to coordinate schedules and practices within their divisions of the House League.
- In cooperation with the Referee in Chief, ensure a high caliber of officiating competence in handling all House League regular and playoff games within their divisions.
- Attend the course offered by Hamilton-Wentworth Police Services to monitor police checks for coaches.
- Ensure that all required police checks (Consent to Disclosure Forms) are submitted.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Board.
- Be a Member of the Disciplinary Committee set up to discipline any manager, coach or player guilty of violating the aims, objectives or rules of the Junior House League.
- Work with the Director of Special Events to coordinate events.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please contact Tony Valaitis, Vice-President ([email protected])