All coaches, assistant coaches, trainers, managers and on-ice helpers need to have a completed Police Check form on file with the AMHL.
If you already have a Police Check that was issued within the last 3 years:
The police check form must be dated in 2021, 2022 or 2023.
1. Provide a copy of your current Police Check form.
2. Complete the Criminal Offence Declaration form.
If you don't have a Police Check or if it is older than 3 years
You must obtain a new Police Check if your existing one is dated in 2020 or earlier.
Obtain Police Check Online
You can obtain a Police Check online if you are 21 or over*.
Click here to go to the Hamilton Police website page for online Police Checks.
> You must first create a free user account to be able to move beyond the initial information screens and see this more detailed information.
> There is a non-refundable processing fee of $9.95 (in addition to the $25 fee for the Police Check).
> If you end up being a potential 'hit', you will be required to pay another $25 fee for elimination fingerprints. This is explained in detail as during the online process.
* Note that applicants under 21 years and/or with limited or no personal credit history will be unable to authenticate online, and will have to attend in person. For those persons it may be better to skip the online process and save the non-refundable $9.95 Transunion fee. On-line authentication works for most people, but not everyone.
Obtain Police Check in Person
1. Complete the attached Police Check form
2. Go to the Hamilton Police station at 155 King William with the above documents to get your Police Check.
for information on police checks on the Hamilton police website.